Monday, June 25, 2012

Helloooo

I've been lazy lately. I've been reading blog posts by everyone else but not making any. And I realized last week that I don't even have a baby book...gah. Not that Gabriel will be needing it to go to college, but it sucks not remembering when he did certain things. We have a memories book and photo albums- that will suffice. And I have a pregnancy/baby journal on my nightstand that I write in every now and then.

We are in the throes of party planning! It's fun. The party planning is totally for my benefit, by the way. I know he doesn't care. That's totally fine, because I'm having a good time distracting myself from the fact that my kid is going to be one in a little over a month. Noooooooooo!

We just got the invitations in the mail on Saturday, so I don't have those uploaded yet, but here are the unedited pics that we used on them. They've since been cropped and the backgrounds blurred a little.



If you can't tell, its going to be a surfer theme. Haha. We love surfing, and this kid LOVES the water. Seriously, he loves swimming so much it's hard to get him out. Grandma and Pop Pop's pool is where its at this summer. We are so excited to sign him up for swim lessons this winter. I considered doing the infant classes earlier this spring but my heart couldn't take it, so we'll do them when he's about 15 months.

In other news, The Munch is not walking, but he's crawling much faster! LOL. He pulls himself up and cruises, but what he's really interested in is climbing. Babygates, dressers, people, you name it, he's crawling up it. Crazypants.

He's also working on talking! (Let me see if I can remember this, since I don't have a baby book and didn't write them down. Grrrr). He says clock, book, dog/doggy sometimes, and a modified 'grass' which sounds like 'gag-zzzzzzz'. He does say mama to me, and he finally started saying dadadada at about 9 months, though he doesn't associate it with Josh yet. He high fives,  claps, and shakes his head like crazy. The kid will not wave, though.

So excuse my blathering. This is Gabriel's modified baby book :-) Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Holy cow! How is he almost 11 months old already?!!

    Don't feel bad, you aren't the only one slacking in the baby book department. Andrew's is pretty empty at this point. Oops!

    Love the pictures and a surf theme sounds fabulous. Enjoy the party planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe his first birthday is just around the corner! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete