Thursday, July 5, 2012

Running

I'm finally back on the workout train. With the craziness of this summer, I'm only getting in 2 or 3 runs a week, but I can still feel a difference when I go out. It's an interesting time of year around here to take it back up, since it's in the mid to upper 90s on average and a bajillion percent humidity. Gotta love the east coast summers!

I think I've taken all the right steps at the same time to get into it and stay with it. My biggest issue is self motivation. Usually a few weeks in, I'll slack off, put it off, and my shoes will end up in the garage for a month or two at a time. I've got my Nike running app, my playlist synched, my time at lunch carved out, my gym bag under my desk, an occasional workout partner, and a work friend who is a 40-something mother of two who does 15-20 miles a week and looks amazing. She is the best motivation! Plus, I thrive off competition and since she's running with me today, I know I'm going to kick my own butt to stay with her.

I'm excited. I'm looking in the mirror and picturing how I want to look. I want to not "look good for having a baby", I want to look good, period. I want to prove that having a baby is not the end all for your waist or ass. Look at some of the olympic athletes! There are several moms on the US women's soccer team. They run 8 or 9 miles a game, alternating sprinting and jogging the whole time. 


Oh, you clicked on my post for Munch pictures? Ok fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Eating blueberries last week. "Hey dad, do you want one?":


4 comments:

  1. YAY for running again! But you look great already :) And not just for having a baby. Honest. I can't wait for post-baby workouts - I am going to start crossfit with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Megan! I really appreciate it. You know how we're all our own worst critics.

      Post baby workouts feel great! You'll be back to yourself in no time. Crossfit sounds like a great idea, I know a few people who have loved it.

      Delete
  2. Good job with the running! I am very jealous - I have extensor tendinitis in my right foot and haven't been able to run (or walk for that matter) for 3 weeks and it's killing me.

    I'm definitely with you on wanting to look good period - not just for having a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you. I don't enjoy running, but I have been making an effort to work out. And you are a working mom! I have no excuse :)

    ReplyDelete