Thursday, June 7, 2012

gardening update

Ok, so I have like 15 posts I want to write but I have been short on time lately- but yeah, who isn't. I'll start with what's probably the least interesting to everyone but me- my Foray Into Gardening update. I posted a couple of months ago on our spring beginnings-stuff was just coming out of hibernation but we didn't have anything flowering yet, no annuals planted, all that.

We're coming along! I know that before I said it, but we pretty much started with a blank slate, so other than the Christmas tree looking pine on the faaaar left and the sad little holly bush next to it that I moved over there because I feel bad for it and don't want to just kill it because it's ugly, we planted everything else. Here's the view to the left:
One gigantic hosta that I have to separate, and one teeny hosta that looks intimidated



And the view to the right:


Coral bells are happy, knockout rose bush survived it's transplant.


 I ended up with only a few petunias as annuals this year, just because I didn't have the motivation to plant a ton like I usually do. I managed to pull my hamstring a bit while I was weeding over the weekend...go figure. So my next post about getting into shape is being put off while I do a little yoga and stretching. I'll try and get in a short run tonight and see how it feels.

I'm probably the only one that's proud of or cares about my progress as a gardener, but I really like this stuff. I didn't come from a family with a green thumb, so I think that I'm really doing a good job with our first house and making it have some decent curb appeal.

*And since our camera died, all pictures are with my iPhone, so you can't see the teeny blue flowers on the little plant in the first picture or many details but it's better than nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! My husband is the flower person in our family - I have a brown thumb and kill everything.

    I hope your hamstring feels better!

    ReplyDelete