Saturday, October 15, 2011

Update city

I'm taking Gabriel's random 8 p.m. nap as a chance to blog. I hope this doesn't screw up his sleep for the night!!

The little guy will be 11 weeks old this Tuesday. At his 2-month check up last week, he was 22 inches long and 10 lbs, 6 oz. My little chunker has gained almost 4 pounds since he was born! He did pretty well with his 2-month shots, he had a long mid-day nap and was fussy that evening, but nothing over the top or crazy.

I am supposed to go back to work this week. However, the daycare FINALLY let me know that there are still a few months to go on the waitlist. The problem with this daycare is that it is a military-run daycare, and being a civilian that works for the Navy, I get pushed down on the list if active duty parents put their names in. I know I should have expected this, but of course, being the queen of procrastination, we are scrambling to find a place to take him. Ugh.

Tonight is Gabriel and I's first overnight alone. J went to a concert with some friends that's about 2 hours away, so they are staying in a hotel up there rather than driving back at 1 am. It's obviously the smarter choice, but it sucks being away from him! I think we've been apart overnight maybe 3 times in the 4 years we've been married. Oh well...slumber party!

In baby news, the colic/witching hours every night have gotten SO much better. He still gets a bit fussy around 8 or 9, but it's just him being tired, mostly. He still really doesn't nap much during the day, but I've been working on really getting him to try, because he is such a crankypants if he doesn't nap. It works ok. He's also been pretty inconsistent with going to bed. We had a week and a half of him going to sleep around 9 and sleeping until 2, then going back down around 3:30 and waking up for the day around 5:30/6. Now he's going to bed around 11/11:30, and he fights sleep with everything he has. It's been a crazy process getting him to sleep then putting him down. We usually need 3 tries, because he hates being put to bed unless he's dead asleep. Oh well....I can't wait to deal with that and then working for the day!

On the flip side, he's smiling, cooing, and just starting to figure out a giggle. It's hilarious! He has figured out his hands, and when he sees his feet he's fascinated. He seems like he's starting to reach for things, though it's a pretty tough concept so far. He also is able to just hang out for short periods of time. It used to be that he needed constant rocking, walking, etc. Now he's slooooowly ok with chilling or cuddling on the couch if he's in a good mood.

I love every minute I have with him-good or tough. I've been blessed to be able to have a lot of time off and see him grow. Here's us at the pumpkin patch last weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So seriously...why do we have the same child in boy/girl form? ;) Glad he is doing better in the evenings.

    I hope you get the daycare situation figured out, I was right there with you!

    ReplyDelete