I haven't written a post in forever! There's this crazy feeling when Gabriel actually sleeps/cat naps that I need to get like 30 things done and unfortunately his naps are usually not long enough to include blogging.
What's new? Well, he smiles! Which is really saying something, because all in all, this cute chubster is mostly cranky, unfortunately. I'd say for the majority of his awake time (which is A LOT), he's constantly on the edge of crying. So when he's clean, fed, not sleepy, and all of a sudden gives me a HUGE gummy smile, I usually tear up.
Here he is last night, smiling at his dad:
Of course, after a fun evening with him, he was up every hour and a half last night. We were both pretty sleepy and miserable. And to top it off, my beautiful 'houla has had an upset stomach the last two nights so in between cluster feedings, I was either letting her out or cleaning up a mess!
I can't imagine he will be up all night every night for too much longer...right? I am seriously freaking about going back to work in October because I think I'll be up all night and then have months of work to catch up on when I drag myself in to my office. Who knows? But I'm avoiding the calendar because the days are going by so quickly and it's scary.
In other updates, J and I have settled into a much easier routine with taking care of each other and Gabriel. He had an adjustment period that I figure most new dads go through at some level. He wasn't pregnant for 9 months, he hasn't had the sympathy and help that I've received, and he can't comfort Gabriel because he can't feed him. I'm so thankful that we can communicate so well, since it's not a strong point for me. We're doing amazing, he is my rock. We just celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary-woo! It was so much fun to be out as a couple, and not as mom and dad for a few hours.
Ok-signing off to grab some lunch!
What a cutie! I love that smile. =) I know exactly what you mean about the napping thing. When you only have 45 mins. (if that) a lot of other things are WAY more important then blogging. I have definitely been slacking myself. Glad to get an update from ya though! I'll keep my fingers crossed that Gabriel will start sleeping better soon.
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!
ReplyDeleteIt is absolutely a huge adjustment! Don't stress about going back to work - you'll be able to do it. Things will start getting a lot easier :) That little smile is way too cute!
that smile is so precious!! He is adorable. I can't believe he is already 7 weeks old!
ReplyDeleteYou know I am right there with you! I could have written this word for word. Hang in there - we will survive this!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated anniversary!
Happy anniversary!
ReplyDeleteI know it is all a huge adjustment, but Gabriel is adorable and that smile is precious. It will get easier, especially when he starts sleeping more (which I hope is very soon!).