This almost reads like a flame-free confession post! It's not flame-free though, so yell at me if you want. I certainly judge the board posts that say "Zomg! I'm a centimeter dilated and 25%, it could be ANYSECOND!!!".
Went to my weekly OB appointment last week, he tells me I'm 1.5 cm dilated and not effaced, but starting to soften. Good news, he was happy with that. Baby 'Houla's head is nice and low, all looks good. We're pleasantly suprised that there's progress, but you know. It's obviously nothing to go pack the baby bag for.
I go back in yesterday, and I have the female OB. She dives in and gets a big grin on her face and goes "Wow. One week later and you're 3 cm and 60% effaced!" And then starts telling me what to do if I go into labor, goes over timing contractions with me, the whole nine yards. She goes "you're way ahead of where I would expect for a first-time mom. We'll see if you're in here next week-haha!". Ahh! Crap! I'm not ready!!
So J and I get all giggly and "eeee!," But knowing full well that for the next 3 weeks I could be exactly the same. I just didn't think in a week that it would change so much. Eeep.
I'm still thinking August 1st. I refuse to believe he's coming before then! Haha and that's mostly because I am just not ready.
How exciting!! I can't believe you are at the end! I can't wait to see him :)
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Can't wait to meet your little man via internet pictures and posts.
ReplyDeleteWow!! I don't know about you, but I can't believe we're almost done.
ReplyDeleteWow! How exciting!
ReplyDelete-Katie (kd+bc)
Holy crap! That seems like it went so fast (at least it did for me...maybe not for you!) I can't wait to hear about baby Houla!
ReplyDeleteWOW! At least someone made some progress this week. =)
ReplyDeleteVery exciting! At my 37 week appt I was 2 cm and 80% effaced. He showed up 3 days later :)
ReplyDeleteAaaaaahhhhh, oh my goodness! This makes me very excited for you :) Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteAw thanks guys! kjw, that is crazy!
ReplyDeleteI'll of course be updating. All J wanted was for us to make it far enough to see Harry Potter before the little guy gets here, so we're past that milestone ;-)
Oh my goodness! That's great! Can't wait to see your little guy :)
ReplyDeleteLOL to the Harry Potter comment ;)
ReplyDeleteI was in your shoes and the doctor pulled out the "If we see you next week..." and freaked me the heck out. Enjoy your last bit of baking :)