Holy cow it's really happening.
There are so many things that are either different or I've blocked out. I'm pretty sure with G I didn't have this crazy acne (face AND back. Hot stuff right here). Looking back at pictures, yeah, my skin was nice with him. Damn. And I'm so ragey with this pregnancy. Things make so SO MAD. And I just let them stew. It's so classic pregnancy symptom, it's funny. When I'm not fuming. I had morning sickness with this baby for a few weeks, that was definitely new. Don't get me wrong, it was much more mild than a lot of other women have it, but man, it was hard. Lucky for me, it cleared up around week 8. With Gabriel, you couldn't pay me to eat chicken or ground beef. Awful. With this baby, I don't want anything to do with two of my (former) loves- coffee and popcorn. Seriously, I ate probably 3 or 4 bowls of popcorn a week pre-pregnancy. I had my air popper and the timing and kernel amount down to a science. I have not touched the stuff since I tried it a few days after my pee stick dried and I had to throw it out.
As usual, people are trying to guess the sex of the baby. I keep "feeling" like it's a girl, but I have nothing to base that off of, and I think I have about a 50% chance of being right. I know that I thought Gabriel was a boy, but I still think it's a wild guess. Also, as usual, my dear husband doesn't want to discuss baby names until he knows the sex. The thought of this baby being a boy makes me go crazy nervous. There are no baby boy names I like that he likes that actually work with our last name and for that reason alone, in my crazier moments, I hope that it's a girl. LOL. Talk about type A personality!!
Gabriel is super excited about the new baby. Of course, to a three year old, I think it's mostly still an abstract concept. He doesn't really know how much this is going to turn life as he knows it upside down. He does have recommendations on names though. If it's a girl, he thinks she should be named Caddie. If it's a boy...Little Drummer Boy. LOL. We may have to scratch that from the list.
Speaking of whom, my sweet Gabriel is allllllmost 3 and a half. Ack! He's such a smarty pants. And quite the threenager. He's able to sound out words, which is awesome and kind of scary. I have to be able to spell out my angry words still!! He's a pro at riding his bike and scooter, and he is going to his first karate class tonight. He wants to be like a ninja turtle. I hope he doesn't think he's actually going to turn into one. Ha! He's mega-opinionated and hates bedtime. He loves playing in the bathtub but despises having to quit what he's doing to take one. His snuggles are getting fewer and farther between, but they are amazing when they happen. He's also quite the flirt. Loves sweet talking his way into peoples' hearts.
I'll wrap up my update with me, yesterday, and my sweet goofball this weekend.
![]() |
| Fake smile alert! I was tired. Yesterday at 16 weeks exactly. |
![]() |
| My sweet boy |


You are the cutest little pregnant woman ever. I'm guessing girl based on your symptoms - can't wait to find out!!
ReplyDeleteI feel like it's a girl for you too! Can't wait to find out! I love that we will have such similar age gaps between ours. You look great!
ReplyDelete