As much as I've been looking forward to/dreading it, The Munch turned 6 months old yesterday. I was half sappy, half excited.
| Yes, his hair sticks out like that all the time. |
The night before his birthday, he was all wound up. I finally calmed him down enough to settle into the rocker with me and eat. He finally fell asleep in my arms around 10:30. I still nurse him to sleep at night. I don't really care that you aren't 'supposed' to, it's comforting to him and me and the child will only be this little once. Anyway-I set him in his crib and turn his Sleep Sheep on, and head to our bedroom and go to bed. I woke up in a PANIC at 4 a.m.. I haven't heard from him at all. I run down the hall and fling his door open, and he's snoring away with his hand across his forehead. I tiptoe back to bed and lie there, perplexed. I don't have a Sleep-through-the-night'er. Not even close. What is going on??
He wakes up to eat at 5:10, passes out in our bed (I leave him there all snuggled in with J) and get ready for work. Apparently, that was his half-birthday gift to me-a full night of sleep. The one and only time he's ever STTN. And it was a one-time gift apparently, because last night was back to the same-down at 10, up at 12:45, 2, and 4:30, then out of bed at 5:45 for work. Blah!! I'm just so stinking proud of my munchkin. A one-time deal maybe, but it was awesome.
Happy half-birthday Gabriel!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand the panic feeling when they sleep longer than normal for the first time. The first night Andrew slept 5 straight hours I freaked out and ran in to check on him just to make sure he was ok. And no judgement from me on still nursing him to sleep - I did that until it stopped working and he seemed to outgrow the need for it. Congratulations on the full night of sleep and I'll cross my fingers that he gives you more of those in the not too distant future!
Oh - and he and Andrew can be crazy hair twins :)
It's so good to see a post from you :) He is so cute! Yay for one night of sleeping all the way through!
ReplyDeleteYay sleep!
ReplyDelete