Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Renovations!

I am a big procrastinator! The renos are about 95% done and I haven't posted a single picture of them. I'll try and make this not-too-confusing.

Room 1 is the Nursery, formerly known as a guest room.
Room 2 is the Guest Room, formerly known as "ugly office". LOL.
Room 3 was and is still our master bedroom.

Room 2 needed the most work. It was a tribute to the '90's, with faux wood paneling and ugly wallpaper border to match the ugly green painted trim. It was also, as the before pictures show, used as temporary storage for a lot of baby stuff. Here's the before pics of "ugly office", aka Room 2:

Baby stuff, music stuff, and actual office stuff.

Faux wood wall, looking in from the door.

looking back at the door. You get the idea.



Here is Room 1, formerly a guest bedroom, as shown in these pictures. It is becoming the nursery :-) :
Guest room/stuff that was already moved out of office. What a mess!

Against the wall, looking back towards the front wall of the room with the armoire on it (door to the left.)  Ignore my random creepy hand, I was probably keeping a dog away!
And our room, Room #3,  with the ugly paint color and the walk in closet that I LOVED. Farewell, beautiful closet. You were removed to make Room #2 a decent size. :
Sad empty closet. This closet is adjacent to Room 2 and we needed the space.

Looking from the back wall of our bedroom towards the entrance (on left) and the closet door.

So those are the befores. Has anyone else had such a problem getting Blogger to just do what they want with pictures? It's like pulling teeth!! Anyways, here is the destruction of the master closet/Room 2 to make them into one bigger room:
Look closely! On the bottom left is the carpeting from the "ugly office" and on the right side of the floor is the weird indoor/outdoor carpet that was in the master closet.



Haha. Oliver makes guest appearances everywhere in these. This is standing in the former ugly office, looking at the inside of the former master closet door.


















I'm going to wrap the post up for now, mostly because the picture uploader and caption-maker is driving me nuts!! But you can at least get some idea of what we're up to. Tomorrow I'll continue with a different post and more pics-haha! 

I'm so excited about this project. J and I made some awesome built-ins for either side of our fireplace last year, and we were happy about getting to do more renos together. Like I've mentioned before, my generous in-laws gave us some free labor courtesy of my FIL's company, and the above renovations wouldn't be nearly as close to completion as they are now without their generosity. So we've toiled a lot, but not nearly as much as we would have without their help. They are the best!

ETA: A few notes to add- There aren't any ceiling fixtures in the rooms (except for a random patch of weird track lighting in Room 2. We are adding those. Also, the picture of our bedroom (Room 3) doesn't really show the ugliness that was the mustard-y paint color in our bedroom. It was baddddd. In the picture on here, it looks more yellow, but trust. It was more like this color, courtesy of Google Imaging "ugly mustard walls" (Goodness, everything about this stolen picture is bad!):
This is not my house! It is only an accurate representation of the former wall color!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment